What is anxiety?
Anxiety is the feeling that we experience when there is an anticipation in the form of worry, uncertainty or fear that we interpret as dangerous or threatening and that is accompanied by intense responses in our body, which makes it impossible for us to perform properly in our daily lives. The problem arises when it continues for a long period of time and causes great discomfort in your life or interferes negatively with your routine and relationships.
Nowadays many people suffer from anxiety and don’t know it, so it is very important to detect it early and do something about it. There are many effective treatments for people to learn to manage anxiety and reduce those symptoms that cause suffering and interfere with their quality of life.
How to detect if I have anxiety?
Anxiety can appear in many ways and in many cases it can go unnoticed in people. It is much easier to identify physical symptoms or "alerts" to detect anxiety, such as sweating or palpitations. However, there are also psychological and emotional symptoms that you can experience and it becomes key to detect their presence and reach out for help. Some symptoms can be:
- Biting nails
- Pain and muscle tension
- Panic attacks
- Difficulty sleeping or excessive sleep
- Feeling of lack of air
- Excessive sweating
- Dry mouth
- Difficulty in focus
- Constant worry
- Overflowing fear
- Recurring negative or irrational thoughts
- Feeling of loss of control
Benefits of psychological therapy to cope with anxiety
- You will learn to control and manage anxiety, without it overwhelming you.
- The therapist will help you understand what are the things or stimuli that activate your anxiety and understand why.
- You will learn to mitigate negative thoughts and irrational beliefs that generate limitations in your daily life.
- You will be able to feel better about yourself and have a better quality of life and a greater peace of mind.
- You will discover new ways to face and deal with fear.
Several studies have scientifically demonstrated the changes and positive results that can be achieved through psychological therapy. At Nuna we have excellent trained therapists who can help you feel better and at a very affordable cost.