What is depression?
Depression is a mood disorder characterized by deep sadness or melancholy, loss of pleasure, or the inability to enjoy things that once brought satisfaction.
We refer to depression when the above feelings are prolonged in time (several weeks or months) and interfere with the quality of life of the person. The routines and demands of daily life become difficult to carry out affecting performance in various areas of life, be it school, work, family or in activities that were previously carried out effortlessly.
For this reason, it is considered beneficial to see a psychological professional for help with depression. The therapy process equips you with the tools to deal with depression effectively and learn to enjoy life again.
How to detect if I have depression?
These symptoms serve as alerts for depression when they occur repeatedly causing discomfort in different areas of life:
- Restlessness and irritability
- Prolonged sadness
- Feelings of guilt or lack of self-esteem
- Feeling tired
- Feeling of hopelessness or pessimism
- Changes in appetite and weight
- Loss of interest or pleasure in things that you once enjoyed
- Difficulty in concentration
Benefits of psychological therapy to cope with depression
- The expert will help you to identify distorted thoughts that negatively impact your well-being and help you convert them into more positive thoughts.
- You will regain the pleasure of performing those activities that previously gave you satisfaction and you will resume your daily routines again.
- The expert will help you set realistic and achievable goals for your physical, mental and emotional well-being.
- You will be able to feel better about yourself and have a better quality of life.
- You will discover new ways to face and deal with those situations that cause you discomfort.
Several studies have scientifically demonstrated the changes and positive results that can be achieved through psychological therapy. At Nuna we have excellent trained therapists who can help you feel better and at a very affordable cost.